Edgar Prager made a living as a farmer until 1952 when he founded Edgar J. Prager. With his wife working alongside as his secretary, he worked as a sole proprietor until 1971 when he joined in a partnership Dennis Le Duc. The business was built from the bottom up, operating solely out of Edgar’s basement for many years. When Le Duc moved on to start an ice cream shop, the company changed names to Edgar J. Prager & Son. Edgar turned to his family to continue building the company. His brothers Clarence, Robert, and brother-in-law Francis all worked alongside him to achieve success. These family members were also joined by Edgar’s nephew Dick and son-in-law Wayne. At this point in the company’s history, Edgar Prager & Sons performed concrete and masonry services in the residential sector.
As time progressed, new family members joined the company and its focus turned toward commercial projects. As Edgar became closer to retirement, a large amount of stake in the company was turned over to Edgar’s children. His children Dan, Pat, and Jerry were tasked with continuing to develop the Prager family brand. Most recently Pat’s son John has joined the company to continue the family legacy.
Today Edgar Prager & Sons continues to carry out the vision of its founder Edgar Prager. We are a Union company that provides both concrete and masonry services to fulfill a wide variety of needs. Our projects range in size from a small masonry rework to a million-dollar commercial building. It is our flexibility and consistency that allows us to be a leader at providing these services in Southeastern Wisconsin.